Sunday, June 23, 2019

Fly Fishing With Friends III

I originally dedicated this blog to Fly Fishing, Fly Tying, & Friends.  More often than not, I post about Fly Tying.  As I've gotten older and traveled down the path of a 'fly fishing life', what has become most important to me is the time spent fishing with friends.  I treasure all the moments I can spend fly fishing with them. "Many Tides, Many Memories".  I've even developed a presentation called 'The Six Stages of Fly Fishing - A Life's Experience'.  It is a very different program.  Instead of being about catching more fish, or a fly fishing destination, the primary focus is on the fly fisherman.  What is it that drives us to be so passionate about the 'Quiet Sport'.  "Who are we?"  The program examines the various 'stages' in a fly fisherman's life, including the initial discovery of the sport, the need to learn and educate ourselves about it, it's addictive powers, the friendships it has helped us form, the spirituality it has given us, and how it has provided us with a better understanding of where we fit in the world and universe.  I think the video below captures some of that.  At the very least, and most importantly, it shows some of the many friendships I've formed through the sport.  That's most important to me at this time in my life.  For those who have never fished the salt, you might also get an idea of what 'fishing the salt in New England' is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment