Wednesday, November 27, 2019

My Favorite Streamers



Every winter I try to set fly fishing goals for the upcoming year.  One year I decided to do more May fishing for American Shad.  Another season, I wanted to improve on some Euro-nymphing.  The last few years I wanted to do more fly fishing with friends (always a goal).  This coming year I want to focus on more streamer fishing.  That will be easy.  I love doing it.  While many fly fishers are tying and fishing larger articulated streamers, I've been tying and fishing smaller patterns.  Just my preference.  Some flies included here are the Yellow Mustache, Barr's Bouface in olive (made with a squirrel zonker),  Reece's Masked Bandit (also with squirrel),  Wood Duck Heron Fly in yellow & orange, and finally one of the best, if not the best, Fly of the Month ever, The Goldie.  Now might be the time for you to set your own personal fly fishing goals for the upcoming season.  It's also time to tie up some flies for the upcoming season.  It certainly helps to pass the time to get you through the winter until the warmer fising months arrive.  You can dream of that 'big one' thats going to fall for the fly in  your vice.  Us Fly Guys are very passionate about our sport.  If we're not fly fishing, we're day dreaming about it.  Set your goals for the year to come, tie up the patterns you need, dream about that trophy fish your going to catch!

No comments:

Post a Comment